Shima Healer Within™ is a one-week course that incorporates a number of healing modalities.
It began as stand-alone workshops in 2011 to help individuals reorganise their body and mind using guided detox, meditation and yoga. It was also a prerequisite to the Shima Reiki courses. Even though the workshop only covered the very basics of mindfulness practices, participants experienced profound shifts in their lives. It has since become so popular that the workshop blossomed into an immersive and transformative week-long course that helps one to truly connect to and cultivate the healer within.
Shima Healer Within™ incorporates all the modalities taught at Shima Healing. The essence of this course is to allow subtle yet transformative shifts in your life by using simple daily practices. You may wish to use this course for your own health and wellbeing; to create more harmonious relationships at work or in your personal life; or as a first step to becoming a healing practitioner.
The benefits are manyfold. Most importantly, you will experience so much more joy and happiness in your life.
Shima Healer Within™ Core Course Details:
The course runs from Monday to Saturday midday. It includes 33 to 35 hours of class time, and covers 3 key components.
Each day, we visit gentle yet invigorating morning and evening practices. Each practice will be unique, depending on your state of being on that day. The daily practice may include:
- Flowing movement through Yoga and Tai-Chi
- Inner balance through breath and qigong
- Stillness through mindful meditation
Taking the practices to a deeper level, you will be introduced to Reiki, a powerful yet subtle system of energy healing from Japan. This component helps you develop your own unique self-healing tools to use in your daily life.
Your daily meditation is accompanied by Ancient Singing Bowl. You will also learn how to use one-bowl therapy and Tingsha for self-healing.
If you wish to deepen your practice, you have the option to add on 1-day electives after program completion – in Kundalini Reiki and/or Tibetan Singing Bowl Specialisation. Availability and fees upon request.
Shima Healer Within™ Specialised Program: Detox & Declutter
This is not one of the typical detox retreats you might find else where. This weekend course focuses on detox and decluttering from a mental, physical, emotional and energetic angle. Join Akiko and Amanda as they introduce and guide you through a more awakened and conscious way on living through the daily program. After all, we can’t invite the new before releasing of the old that doesn’t serve us anymore. Only when we are cleansed and cleared can we have more space to invite the positive.
- You will learn about how physical possessions and space are related to the mental and emotional states how how they impact each other.
- You will be introduced to the KonMari Method™ of tidying and decluttering, based on Marie Kondo’s book, “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up” while learning to set some goals that are able to take you towards your ideal life.
- You will be able to leave Shima Healing with clarity about your inner and outer life, while gaining some insightful tools on managing your day to day life.
- 10 hours of Detox Course (environment, energy + physical body)
- 10 hours Group practices + wisdom to take home (Cooking, meditation + how to set intention)
- 30 min each private treatments
- Shima Healer Within™ Core: 2018 Jul 29 – Aug 4 (Sun – Sat) & 2019 Feb 17 – 23 (Sun – Sat) offered twice a year
- Specialised Program: Detox & Declutter 2018 Dec 6 – 9 (Thurs – Sun)
Program commitment: THB35,000
Excludes accommodation, meals, Thai massage and other personal expenses. Please refer to here for recommended accommodation options. (link “here” to FAQ section on accommodation)
Register for Shima Healer Within:
- Registration closes 3 months prior to a program start date or when the program is full. (maximum intake is 10 people)
- Your placement is confirmed with 30% deposit payable via Paypal.
It is an incredible introduction to the path of personal growth and self realisation. I love the way Akiko developed it to put the power back into the hands of the individual rather than seeking external ‘help’ from outside sources. The location of the course and the chilled like of Koh Yao Noi in offseason is perfect, too. Thank you Akiko! Deepest love and gratitude for this beautiful offering. Alice, Kindergarten teacher, Singapore
Akiko is a wonderful and experienced guide. I received knowledge and skills that came from ancient sources purified intentions and deep wisdom. This retreat has helped me be able to create my own routine for daily energy practices, to manage my energy levels, self heal, self inquire and refine my inner intentions and insights. And above it all, I felt very taken care of. There were ample breaks and rest to integrate the things learnt. Thank you! Elaine Ho, founder of Yoga Tribe, Singapore
The Shima Healer Within is very informative and practical. I highly recommend it to those who are new to healing as well as those who has done other healing modalities. Akiko is an excellent and inspiring teacher who helps us to go really deep within to unlock our highest potential. Yinuo Tian, co-founder of Yoga Heals, Singapore